Sodium Lactate 60% USP Natural Preservative
Sodium Lactate is naturally derived from the fermentation of Lactic Acid. It is a clear colorless viscous liquid . Sodium Lactate is considered to have antioxidant properties and can improve bacterial stability with when used in combination with a full spectrum preservative. Please note that Sodium Lactate is not an effective preservative in itself but used in addition to a full spectrum preservative to improve bacterial stability (Bacteriostatic agent).
Sodium Lactate is also considered to be a natural humectant (draws moisture to itself) and is frequently used as a substitute for glycerin in lotions, creams, hair care products and cosmetics. When added to cold process soaps, it is said to harden the soap faster, add creaminess and extend its shelf life in the shower (does not melt easily). It is said to improve the appearance of the finished soap, and ease with un-molding a batch of soap.
Sodium Lactate is a combination of 60% Sodium Lactate and 40% Water.
• Can be used in a wide variety of personal care formulations to improve skin and scalp moisturization, and lighten complexion.
• Soluble in water and alcohol.
• Acts as a Bacteriostatic agent when combined with a full spectrum preservative.
• Recommended use levels in a finished formulation is 1 – 3%.
• It is a pH control agent.
• Compounding procedures: May be added to water phase with heat to ensure proper incorporation.
Please note: this is sold BY WEIGHT, not volume. Sodium Lactate is heavy, so the bottle will not be full. You can check the weight with scales, not with a measure cup!
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 ounces
- ASIN: B00Y90UDE0
- UPC: 712392057257 755702784528